Working at Mystic Valley Elder Services (MVES) means working in a professional environment alongside dedicated colleagues. It means helping elders and adults with disabilities live independently while supporting their caregivers. Working at MVES means contributing to the community and feeling good about what you’ve accomplished at the end of the day.
Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Open Position: TOISHANESE SPEAKING SCO CASE MANAGER
- Generous vacation time 3 weeks in the first year
- Generous paid sick time 3 weeks in the first year
- Personal time 30 hours per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Health and Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free Parking
As a Geriatric Support Services (SCO) Case Manager your responsibilities will include conducting assessments to determine eligibility for in-home services, recommending and approving service plans, providing information on available resources, and coordinating in-home/community services. You will also maintain member records and work in close collaboration with the SCO coordinators and nurses to provide comprehensive service planning for elders in the community.
This is a full-time (35 hours / week) position. A 4-day work week is available.
- BA or AA and the ability to complete the requirements for a BA within 3 years of hire.
- Strong interviewing and assessment skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite; entering narrative and other data into a database; ability to use multiple databases; ability to use the Internet to conduct information searches.
- Private transportation.
- 2 years of case management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, older people.
- Experience working in a community service setting.
- Fluency in English/Toishanese.
MVES values diversity and full inclusion of all members of the community.